Want to play drums? Want to play the songs YOU really love? Want to be in a band but not sure how? Want to take your playing to the next level? I can help.
I offer a comprehensive range of services to aspiring drummer of all abilities, from an eight-year-old wanting to pick up their sticks for the first time to professional players looking to improve a specific element of the technique or repertoire. The lessons are provided in a relaxed, fun environment tailored to your needs and desires.
The lessons can be structured around grades for Rock School, Trinity etc or they can be ad hoc (suited to more advanced drummers looking to polish their technique). All of my students play on acoustic kits, although I can also offer electronic drum kit lessons as well. The main areas I teach include:
- Teaching of basic rudiments and fills, hand and foot techniques (including double pedals), developing practice plans.
- Time keeping and time signatures.
- Teaching and preparing for grade exams, such as Rock School or Trinity.
- Ad hoc - focusing on specific drumming techniques, expert level, live performance methods.
- Studio recording techniques.
- Sibelius, Cubase and LogicPro.
- Music theory to an advanced level, sight reading of sheet music and tabs.
- Arrangement and composition.
- Recording in theory and practice.
Prices for one on one teaching:
One 30 minute lesson
One hour lesson
10 x 30 minute lessons*
10 x one hour lessons*
*Lessons must be pre-booked and used over a period of 15 weeks from the first lesson.
I offer a free 30 minute taster lesson for all abilities and ages - please contact me to learn more about this. I accept payments by cash, card or bank transfer.
“Ben loves his lessons with Connor, he is buzzing all day after he has seen him – what a great teacher/mentor he is.”
— Sue, Parent of Year 11 Student