Want to play drums? Want to play the songs YOU really love? Want to be in a band but not sure how? Want to take your playing to the next level? I can help.
I offer a comprehensive range of services to aspiring drummer of all abilities, from an eight-year-old wanting to pick up their sticks for the first time to professional players looking to improve a specific element of the technique or repertoire. The lessons are tailored to your needs and can be either:
- On-line teaching - I have a great electronic drum set up ideally suited to teaching on-line one to one, or even to small groups
- Face to face so long as social distancing rules are adhered to
The main areas I teach include:
- Teaching of basic rudiments and fills, hand and foot techniques (including double pedals), developing practice plans.
- Time keeping and time signatures.
- Teaching and preparing for grade exams, such as Rock School or Trinity.
- Ad hoc - focusing on specific drumming techniques, expert level, live performance methods.
- Sibelius, Cubase and LogicPro.
- Music theory to an advanced level, sight reading of sheet music and tabs, for example for GCSE grades.
The lessons are structured around you, and your goals, they can be ad hoc (suited to more advanced drummers looking to polish their technique) or for music grades. Prices for one on one teaching, either face to face or on-line are:
One 30 minute lesson
One hour lesson
10 x 30 minute lessons*
10 x one hour lessons*
*Lessons must be pre-booked and used over a period of 15 weeks from the first lesson. I offer a free 30 minute taster lesson for all abilities and ages - please contact me to learn more about this. I accept payments by cash, card or bank transfer.
“Ben loves his lessons with Connor, he is buzzing all day after he has seen him – what a great teacher/mentor he is.”
— Sue, Parent of Year 12 Student